Home Health ServicesJackson Medical Center also offers Home Health Services. Several studies have shown that some patients recover faster and live longer when they receive health care in their own homes. Home health can be more cost-effective than other options such as continued hospitalization or nursing home placements.
Home Care Services Available to You
Skilled NursingA Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse will visit the patient to perform skilled services such as:
- Assessment & instruction to include vital signs, disease process, medications, dietary regimen and patient care management
- Ulcer & Wound Care
- Insertion of Catheters & Feeding Tubes
- IV Therapy
- Physician contacts as indicated by patient's condition
- Chemotherapy Pain Management
- Disease Specific Education
- Follow-up with Patient/Caregiver
Home Care AideUnder the direction of a registered nurse, the home care aide provides personal care for the patient which includes:
- Skin, Hair & Nail Care
Physical TherapyThe physical therapist carries out the physician's orders for treatment to relieve pain and restore abilities by:
- Designing individual exercise programs
- Instructing in the use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes and other appliances
- Gait Training
- Strategies for better swallowing to reduce risk of aspiration
- Improving Communication
- Enhancing cognitive abilities
What is home care?Home care consists of specialized healthcare services and activities delivered in the comfort of a patient's own home. Trained medical professionals, working under the direct supervision of the patient's physician, deliver home care services. Home care includes a wide range of medical, social and therapeutic treatments that help patients return to healthy and active lives.
You may benefit from home care if you are:
- Recovering from medical conditions including but not limited to: heart failure, hypertension, pulmonary disease such as COPD and diabetes.
- In need of physical, occupational or speech therapy services. Services include a home safety and fall risk assessment, assistance with activities of daily living (i.e. dressing, bathing, grooming) and/or speech evaluation.
- Recently released from a hospital, rehabilitation hospital or nursing home and require assistance with wound care, medication management or other skilled nursing service.
Jackson Medical Center is the result of years of work and planning by the citizens of Clarke County.